Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Novel - Day 18 - 394 / 12940

Kiri dressed in the clothes the hermit provided. They fit close to her body but allowed her the freedom to move and stretch. She hadn’t yet realized how much of a necessity that will become as she stepped outside into the morning sun. The hermit greeted her by the door; she could see across the field a few people moving about.

“Come I want you to meet the others.” the hermit said.

As it dawned upon Kiri she said, “I don’t even know your name.”

“They call me Creance and these are Sallan and Leste.” he said as they approached the people across the field, “They will be your teachers.”

“Teachers? I thought you were going to teach me.” Kiri said.

“No child, I have done my job for the time being; my time to teach comes much later, if you survive.” Creance explained, “Sallan is going to teach you to fight and Leste will teach you to move.”

“To move?” Kiri questioned, “I already know how to mov…”

Kiri’s words stuck in her throat as Leste appeared before her in the blink of an eye.

“Like I said, Leste will teach you to move. I apologize, your training will not be complete; due to how the circumstances of how the town was taken and how quickly the Envahir are moving, we will not be able to give you formal training. However you will be adequately prepared even though we will have to do so much faster than we normally would.” Creance said as he turned to leave.

“You are my student first.” Leste told Kiri, “You will get to train with Sallan later. I am going to teach you not to just move but, to move quietly and quickly, with stealth. You will be able to approach your subject at anytime of the day and do so with out be seen. You will also be able to leave as swiftly. Your education will also heighten your sense to allow you to hear others approaching or trying to sneak up on you.

Once you have begun your training with me, I expect you to use and hone your skills at all times. Whether you are training with Sallan or eating a meal, I expect you to be practicing your skill. Otherwise, you will be punished. Is this understood?”

“Yes, I understand.” Kiri told her.

No comments: