Friday, December 21, 2007

What am I doing?

Every year beginning on November 1st many ambitious (read: half-insane) people attempt a feat unlike many others; they attempt to write a novel. That is because November is National Novel Writing Month. This is so proclaimed because that is the month that has been set aside by the ones who created it at www.nanowrimo.org

I bring this up not because I joined in the festivities this year. Actually, I did try it one year and did not get very far. This year however, I did not try. But, my story does not end there. I discovered a co-worker had attempted to write a novel in 30 days this year. Sadly, he fell short by just a few thousand words. This co-worker decided on a new challenge, in which he included me.

For the next 31 days, we will attempt to write a 50,000 word novel. He chose 31 days because I guess as they say, “if you bring the ball you get to make the rules”. So for the next 31 days, I will be posting the results of my attempt at writing a novel. That works out to exactly 1613 words per day. Which is about 5 1/2 - 6 pages per day.

I'm looking forward to the adventure but, I haven't got a clue what to write about.

No comments: